Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

My brother's graduation

First, I would like to apologize for not writing as often as I could. I've tried writing but I just couldn't finish, either I fall asleep or I'm just too tired to type. The first four days of the week came like a thunderstorm. It felt like a crime to sleep early considering the work load we have for the next day. Our days were bombarded with quizzes and practicals. Add the depressing results of some of our tests from last week. I was on a roller coaster of emotions. But thank God for people like my friends and my boyfriend who make everything bearable for me. I feel truly blessed. :)

Today, February 11, 2012, my brother graduated from his 3-year course in De La Salle College of Saint Benilde. He graduated Bachelor of Arts in Music Production. I couldn't be more proud. And it's not only about the fact that he graduated but because he went all the way to choose what he really loves despite everyone's disapproval. He was brave enough to take the risk because he really knows what makes him happy. I think that's something.






I had to excuse myself from our two hour lecture in Pharmacognosy to see my brother march. I think it was one of the best legit excuses I've ever given my prof since I seldom listen attentively to her. Haha! Halfway through the ceremony, my brother Kyle and I we're complaining how hungry we were. To tell you the truth we we're also really bored. I forgot that I had put my touch inside my bag's pocket so I sat there watching the whole ceremony, listening as everyone's name gets called and wishing my touch was there (when it actually were). Btw, the Magna Cum Laude gave a wonderful speech. One of the phrases I remember so well from her speech was, "who we are is God's gift to us and who we become is our gift to God..." Makes sense, right?

Looking back I think it's everyone's turn down that made him a stronger person. As far as I know he is on his 2nd film score now. The first film score he made was Lauren Young's indie film Tahanan. We're all so proud of him. I know God is too :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment